8 Reasons You Should Have a Company Employee Handbook
1. Introduces employees to the organization’s culture
Your Employee handbook will introduce new employees to your corporate culture
And help them to see how they will fit in.
2. Communicates to employees what is expected of them
The handbook serves as a compass for the organization’s policies and procedures.
3. Educates employees about what they can expect from management and leadership
These Clearly communicated policies help to eliminate confusion and inconsistencies. They help to clarify company objectives, leadership styles, and assist in fostering healthy management-employee relationships.
4. Helps ensure key company policies are clearly and consistently communicated
A handbook will accurately communicate your organization’s policies regarding employment, conduct and behavior, compensation, and other policies and procedures your organization follows.
5. Showcases the benefits you offer
A robust benefits package can help you retain your best and brightest employees.
6. Ensures compliance with federal and state laws
No matter what state you do business in, or how many employees you have, you will be subject to state and federal employment laws. Your handbook will demonstrate that your organization strives to be compliant with these regulations.
7. Helps defend against employee claims
A thorough and compliant employee handbook will help to show that the organization exercised “reasonable care” towards its employees. The employee’s signed acknowledgment page will show that the employee had an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the organization’s policies, a chance to ask related questions, knew whom they could turn to for help within the organization, and agreed to follow the terms and conditions of employment set forth by the organization.
8. Lets employees know where to turn for help
Ultimately, you want employees to feel comfortable turning to a trusted member of management for help when needed.
Convinced you need a company employee handbook, but not sure where to start?
Call your Go2insurance360 representative at (240) 994-3080 for details and pricing.